Sent for Review by Influenster
I recently received this new palette and some other goodies by Maybelline. It’s Maybelline the 24K Nudes Eyeshadow Palette. After swatching and playing with the shadows for quite some time, I am ready to give swatch and my review.
PRICE & AVAILABILITY:
Packaging wise, the palette is not “wow” worthy. It’s comes in a very common pale gold plastic container with 12 shadows and a sponge tip applicator. Though the lightweight palette is easy for travel, but I am not sure how well it will handle the pressure of a stuffed makeup bag.
SHADOWS & SWATCHES:
The 12 shadows vary from matte, shimmer and satin. These are warm toned shadows. The shimmery shadows have fine glitters which do not look chunky. The satins have smoother finish but the mattes have disappointed me. Those were inconsistent in color payoff and I had to swipe these multiple times to get the color.
The shadows performed poorly without any base underneath, so I had to use foundation on my hand. While using on eyes, I would suggest to use a primer like Inglot Eyemakeup base or MAC Soft Ochre. You can also use your foundation or concealer. The metallic/shimmery colors worked best if used with fingers. Here are the swatches with fingers on my arm.
- Travel friendly.
- Colors range from matte to shimmer.
- The palette comes with eye makeup idea.
- Shimmery & satin colors perform really well, specially the gold color in the palette. This specific color is the start of this palette.
- Matte colors were dry and didn’t blend well.
- You will need a good primer to show the color on your lids.
- For greater payoff you have to use your fingers to pat on the colors.
IN A NUTSHELL:
Though the affordability makes me want to recommend this palette, I will say it’s an “okay” eyeshadow palette. If Maybelline ever releases that gold shadow as a single eyeshadow, I will definitely buy that.
SHOP THE POST:
Follow Sifa’s Corner on,