Sent for Review
Today I am bringing you a new skin cleansing device from Michael Todd Beauty- the Soniclear Elite. Have you noticed I have written “skin” instead of only “face”?
It’s because, this is truly a skin cleansing device. You can use it on your face, body, feet- you just have to change the brush heads.
To keep it simple, I am going to talk about the face cleansing part today.
WHAT THE BRAND HAS TO SAY:
World’s first antimicrobial protected sonic skin cleansing brush that guards against 99.9% of bacteria that can form on brushes between use so the brushes stay cleaner and fresher longer.
PRICE & AVAILABILITY:
It retails for $149 and can be found online here.
- Antimicrobial brush: You need to change the brush head ONCE a year.
- Cleansing Timer: It will indicate when to move onto the next section.
- Multiple Speeds with C-Boost™ Technology: It has 6 sonic speeds for a customizable cleansing experience for specific skin type & skin concerns. C-Boost is said to provide a pulsating massage to improve the skincare regimen.
- Waterproof: It can be used in the shower.
- Cordless and Rechargeable
- Comfort Grip: This feature makes it easier to use the product in the shower.
- Charging Stand.
- The first thought after looking at the Soniclear is- Is it similar to Clarisonic?
Well, in some cases Yes, and in some cases No. It definitely looks the same and has the same cleansing action, but the Soniclear is much much more than Clarisonic.
- The brush head, for example, comes in different types for different purposes. This is a great feature for the users.
- The device felt a little heavier than Clarisonic.
- One thing I have noticed is that, whenever I have used oil as a makeup remover and used Clarisonic afterwards, the brush gets, in plain words, dirty & disgusting. I have to clean up the Clarisonic brush 2-3 times to get it properly cleaned.
But I haven’t faced this situation with Soniclear.
- The brush head stays usable for 1 year.
- As the Soniclear brush only needs to be replaced once a year, it actually is a lot cheaper than the Clarisonic in the long run.
- The different brush heads for different purposes.
- The charging stand is a great way to keep the device in one place while charging.
- The Soniclear Elite has 5 year limited warranty against defects.
- A little heavy.
IN A NUTSHELL:
From the price point it is on the pricier side, but performance & quality wise this is one of the best skin cleansing devices.
Follow Sifa’s Corner on,