SENT FOR REVIEW
What pops in your mind when you hear the brand name “Butter London”?
For me, it’s luxurious, drool worthy nail colors.
So I was pleasantly surprised and delighted when I saw they are coming out with lip products and was sent their new BLOODY BRILLIANT LIP CRAYON collection for review. Do these lip products hold the brand reputation?
Keep on reading to find out my views.
WHAT THE BRAND CLAIMS:
Long-lasting, all-in-one formula delivers lacquer-like shine and high impact colour. Complete with built-in sharpener, these seductive shades provide antioxidant protection and maximum moisturization. It’s bloody BRILLIANT!
PRICE & AVAILABILITY:
Each retails for $20 and can be found on butterlondon.com.
The lip crayons come in a black packet with floral designs. When you first open the packet and bring out the product, it will remind you of the jumbo color pencils we used to have when we were kids. Each lip crayon shows the respective color on their bottom part. With a sleek black packaging, the lip product comes with a built-in sharpener.
- The shape of the crayons makes the product easy to apply.
- All of the lip crayons give a moisturized feel which can be compared to a lip balm. It is said to be formulated with mango seed oil and marula oil.
- The finish reminds me of MAC cremesheen or Amplified crème lipsticks.
- The lip crayons have a mild vanilla like smell.
- After application, these will give a slight cooling sensation on lips.
- The product stays on lips for 4-5 hours. After that it starts to fade but leaves a velvety stain on lips.
The shade names of their BLOODY BRILLIANT collection is really interesting. The shades I am going to review today are:
- Tea with the queen
- Trout Pout
- Teddy Boy
- Disco Biscuit
- Primrose Hill Picnic
- Ruby Murray
There’s another shade available online called “Ladybird” (not shown in today’s article).
TEA WITH THE QUEEN:
Described as “Light nude creme”. It’s a light beige with a hint of peach. This is the lightest shade in the collection.
Described as “Light coral creme”. It’s a pinkish coral- good for Spring and Summer.
Described as “Rosy creme”. This is a neutral rosy medium pink.
Described as “Bubblegum pink creme”. It’s a cool toned medium pink. While swatching on my hand it reminded me of the vibrant barbie pink, but when I applied it on lips the color interpreted as a medium cool toned pink.
PRIMROSE HILL PICNIC:
Described as “Tropical pink creme”. This is a blue based fuchsia which looked equally vibrant on hand and lip swatches.
Described as “Deep berry creme”. It looks kinda burgundy to me. Definitely a Fall-Winter color.
Described as “Red grape creme”. It looks like a dark mauvy pink to me.
- The product has a built-in sharpener.
- Easy to apply even without a mirror.
- You won’t need a lip liner or lip gloss if you are using these lip crayons.
- Easy to travel with.
- Glides on smoothly.
- Gives good color payoff.
- It feels very comfortable on lips, gives a soothing feeling while moisturizing them.
- Leaves a nice stain after it fades out.
- If you are into matte lips, this won’t fulfill your needs.
- Limited color choices.
- It’s not very long lasting. At most, it will stay on for 4-5 hours. So you have to reapply.
IN A NUTSHELL:
A glossy pigmented lip product is a nice break from all the matte liquid lipsticks surfacing in the market. Personally I liked the overall product.
Which shade did you like best among these 7? Comment below!
Follow Sifa’s Corner on,