|click on the image for enlarged view|
What will you need:
|some of the products I have used|
Let’s get started!!
- Start with a clean canvas…wash your face, and then apply primer/moisturizer.
- Apply your eye primer onto the upper and lower lid. If you don’t have this, apply a little amount of foundation on the lids and blend well. Set with a powder.
- Choose a matte light brown color close to your skin tone and apply it all over your upper eyelid. Leave the area under your brow bare.
- Choose a matte brown color which is 1/2 shade darker than your skin tone. This is our transition color. Apply this color just above your eye crease and blend well.
- Choose a matte dark brown color that is darker than your 2ndcolor. Apply this 3rd color on your outer 3rd part of eye lid like a “C” shown here. Blend well.
|apply the 3rd color like “C” on the outer corner|
- Choose a matte black color and apply it like this. Blend well.
|Blend, blend & blend!|
- Apply your 2nd medium brown color onto the lower lid. Keep the inner part bare.
- Apply your 3rd dark brown color onto the 2/3rdof the outer part of lower lid.
- Apply the matte black color on the outer part of your lower lid.
- Take a light pink or cream color with a slight shimmer in it. I used the color Virgin from Naked palette.
- Apply the light shimmery color under the highest point of your brows.
- Apply eyeliner and mascara. I have applied eyeliner only on the upper lid and kept my lower water line bare, that’s because lining the lower water-line with a dark liner can make your eyes look smaller when you are wearing glasses.
- As many of us have undereye circles and glasses cast a shadow under the eye area, your eye makeup won’t look good if you don’t conceal the undereye circle & brighten the area.
So take a concealer and apply it under your eyes and blend well. Apply concealer if you have any problem areas on your face. As for me, I have some acne marks on my cheeks so I concealed those and set with my MAC powder foundation.
- As your eye is the focus here, don’t overdo with the blush. I have applied MAC bronzing powder to slightly contour my face and L’Oreal touch on color to highlight my cheekbones.
- Apply your favorite lip color and lip gloss. I have used Twig from MAC and Dior on it.
- Put on your glasses and your smile…and voila!