- Albacore tuna
Did you know that when fish oil is obtained by eating fish, the way the fish is prepared seems to make a difference?
WHAT IS OMEGA 3 FATTY ACID?
EFFECT ON OUR BODY
SKIN , HAIR & NAIL:
- It may reduce acne related problems if the acne is caused by dry skin. Read about the relation of fish oil and acne here.
- Eicosapentaenoic acid, in omega-3 fatty acid, helps in the prevention of skin aging by keeping the skin hydrated.
- Nails become stronger and less brittle.
- Fish oil provides essential nutrients to the scalp and hair follicles, which results in stronger, more durable hair…thus improving the hair quality and aiding in hair growth.
- Evidence from research studies showed that omega 3 fish oil significantly decreases morbidity and mortality from heart disease.
- It can slow down the progression of Atherosclerosis [A condition wherein muscles of the blood vessels that supply oxygen throughout your body thicken due to fat deposition], by lowering the triglyceride levels by 20 to 50 percent.
- It helps in regulating blood pressure and in decreasing the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
- Attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD),
- Alzheimer’s disease
- other thinking disorders.
IN CHRONIC PAIN:
“Fish oil is the clean-up hitter of supplements,” says David P. Rakel, MD, founder and director of the University of Wisconsin’s Integrative Medicine Program in Madison.
- Painful periods
- Breast pain and
- complications associated with pregnancy such as Miscarriage,
- High blood pressure late in pregnancy
- Early delivery.
- Gastrointestinal manifestations (such as nausea, bad breath, burping, heartburn and loose stools – generally when the dosage is 3000 mg a day or more) ,